Immaculate conception
I love old people. I love devout Catholics. I love people who believe their kin can do no wrong. I love the following story.
My mom was talking to an elderly devout Catholic woman (you saw that coming, right?) who proudly announced the news that her grandson's unborn child is a girl. In a town as small as the one I grew up in, everybody knows everybody else's business. The old lady didn't have to tell Mom that her grandson had, in fact, unintentionally knocked up his slutty girlfriend who already has God only knows how many children with God only knows how many different fathers. Still, she was quick to add that her grandson, the picture of perfection (who probably hasn't stepped foot in a church since Noah built the arky arky) is not going to live with his girlfriend. He would never live with a woman out of wedlock. After all, THAT would be sinful!
I look around at all the really good people I know and reflect on their life choices...and I take comfort in the fact that if I'm going to hell, at least I'm going to be in good company.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home