Thank you, Dr. King, for allowing me to sleep in tomorrow.
No matter how hard I try, I cannot stop listening to "My Humps." I sincerely believe it's one of the worst songs ever written. Fortunately, I like my music like my men...bad. And Fergie? Bitches just don't get much sexier than that!
My sister recently suggested that I start injecting my boring blog with more pictures. After all, now that I'm armed with a new digital camera, I have no excuse for continuing to post these boring, colorless entries. I believe she even challenged me to start this weekend, with Tom's visit to Duluth....maybe because she knew that I'd actually be leaving the apartment once or twice. And I did! Unfortunately, the camera didn't accompany me.
After a week stressful enough to make me consider purchasing Proactiv (Jessica Simpson and Diddy wouldn't lie to me, right?), all I wanted to do after work on Friday was fling open my bedroom window and curl up under my covers for forty days and forty nights. Unfortunately, I decided to make more productive use of my time. After all, I had a guest on the way and I didn't feel like reapplying my mascara after a nap. Instead, I engaged my lazy neighbors in a silent laundry battle that would rage on until the late-night hours.
Luckily, I had the latest installment of US magazine on hand to keep me awake and to keep my mind occupied. Every week I threaten to cancel my subscription because every week the cover is inundated with the words DIET and DANGER and accompanying pictures of the freckled disease known as Lindsay Lohan. I'm all talk though. There are just too many hot pictures of Angelina Jolie for me to actually follow through with the cancellation.
Tom (who has never heard of Lindsay Lohan, God bless him) arrived at eight o'clock, as promised. Thankfully, he was just as tired as I was, so the rest of the evening basically consisted of us lying on the couch talking. We hit the hay earlier than anyone under the age of forty should be allowed to on a Friday night.
The number one goal on Saturday morning was to find coffee, because I'm a coffee-maker-less loser and Tom was experiencing unpleasant withdrawl symptoms. After he found a yuppie mocha to calm his nerves, we took advantage of the unseasonably balmy, warmer-by-the-lake Duluth weather with a long walk on the Lakewalk and Superior St.
After lunch at Grizzlies and a little nap, we watched Team America--loaned to me by my brother and sister-in-law (who was reluctant to part with it, believe me). I'm torn between absolutely loving that movie and hating myself for wasting ninety minutes on it when life is so short to begin with. I could have done without the graphic puppet lovin', but the visible strings made me giggle incessantly, and the puking scene made me laugh until I cried.
We capped off our fun-filled day with a trip to the DECC to see the hometown Bulldogs get pounded by Michigan Tech. That's right, Michigan Tech. I seem to be UMD's bad luck charm. They beat Yale earlier this season when I was in attendance but c'mon, it's Yale. Despite the undesirable outcome, it was fun, as always, to see a game. I can't get enough of the witty banter tossed back and forth between the UMD students and opposing teams' fans. Only the best and brightest attend school in Duluth, folks.
This morning we slept late and Tom departed shortly after we managed to drag our asses out of bed. I think he was really starting to miss his dog, but I can't say I blame him. I miss his dog too. Overall, we had a really nice, relaxing weekend together. The best part? My weekend isn't over! I have tomorrow off. Such is the life of a government employee.
And now...a picture of the 1004 foot long Edwin H. Gott, the second-to-last ship to make her way into the Duluth harbor for winter layup. The shipping season is drawing to an end. Sigh... How beautiful is Duluth today? I love this city.

1 Comments:
I think "My Humps" may be the incarnation of pure evil on this earth, and yet... and yet... I find myself singing it ALL THE TIME and get excited when it comes on the radio. It's like a car wreck - I cannot tear myself away. You should read this: http://www.defectiveyeti.com/archives/001534.html
P.S. I don't know about Jessica Simpson and Diddy, but I wouldn't lie to you - Proactiv does work.
Post a Comment
<< Home