Merry Christmas...shitter was full!
I would like to know when Christmas became such a dirty word. It's really sad to me that retail establishments are afraid to use it in their advertisements for fear of boycotting non-believers. It's become so politically incorrect that if you're going to wish someone a merry Christmas, you might as well call him or her a retard, too...just for good measure.
I understand that not everyone is Christian, but I don't understand how anybody can possibly take offense to "merry Christmas." There's a woman I work with who puts a smile on my face by wishing me a good night each and every afternoon as she puts her coat on and prepares to trek home. The fact that 75% of the time she refers to me as Julie, rather than Angie, doesn't make it any less meaningful. I might not be a practicing Julie, but damn it, I appreciate it that she's taking a moment out of her busy day to express her hopes that I have an enjoyable evening. I'm no Jew, but if you wish me a happy Hanukkah, I'm not going to cry myself to sleep or bust a cap in your ass over it. Maybe I won't be lighting the menorah, but that doesn't mean my Hanukkah shouldn't be happy.
Some people need to find a new cause.
Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home