Have a goo wah!
I just talked to Red. She's blogging at this very moment and I will not be outdone! So, here I am, blogging too.
As you may or may not remember, Red and Darren spent the weekend in Duluth. Also, as you may or may not remember, I hyped up Friday night something fierce. We were going to drink and play board games with some of the coolest people this side of the Pacific and it was going to be pretty much the best night ever.
As it turns out, Friday night pretty much sucked instead. Actually, I remember very little about it, so I'm not stating this opinion based on my own experiences. I heard from others that it pretty much sucked. I did get to see Christina though, and my homeboy Chad, so that was nice...but I just didn't get to spend the quality time that I would have liked to with them. Oh, and board games? They just didn't get played. I vaguely remember sitting on the couch, watching infomercials with Ethan and Aurora until 5am. Poor Ethan...it's a miracle he even comes when we invite him...and without asking any questions, no less. It's like his adoration for us is so strong that he doesn't need details. He trusts that we'll show him a good time, each and every time. Each and every time (all two of them? three?), we let the poor kid down. Oh, and that adoration line was total bullshit too. I'm still trying to figure out why he hangs out with us.
I spent all of Saturday literally wishing I was dead. Soooo sick. I couldn't sleep. I couldn't eat. I couldn't read. I couldn't get out of bed to walk to the kitchen and take Advil. It was horrible, self-inflicted misery. I even had to shoot Aurora down for supper at Red Lobster because I was damn sure I couldn't stomach seafood. I was damn sure I couldn't stomach any food, but I allowed myself to be persuaded into a trip to Outback with the sister. She made it sound like it would be a shit load of fun mostly, I think, because Chad works there.
Here's how much fun Outback was: we sat outside for a full ninety minutes waiting for a table. We never wait that long anywhere and I can't explain why we did it there. I tell you what though, the fresh air worked wonders for my hangover and, by the time we actually got a table, I was ready for some red meat. I didn't think we'd even get to see Chad but, surprisingly, he was sitting next to me before the waitress even finished taking our order, and he stopped to visit several more times before we left. Despite that fact that he's playing me like a freaking piano and I know it, I like the kid. I mean, honestly, he responded, "Me bitch! What up!" when I asked him what's good there. What's not to love?
It was already late by the time we finished eating and we hadn't planned on doing anything for the rest of the evening. However, on the way into my building, I almost knocked poor Red out with the door and that sort of sealed the we-need-to-drink-tonight-AGAIN deal. I only managed to choke down two or three beers, but Red was having a jolly good time, pounding them back with a little more vigor, and making me crazy pissed with her nasty garlic belches. I felt guilty for having my sliding door open because, honestly, that stench had to have awakened anyone sleeping with a window open in a three-block radius.
The three of us spent the evening playing Monopoly, watching "Date My Mom," and laughing until we cried. It was really nice and, personally, I feel like it made up for all the shittiness of the night before.
On Sunday, Red and I had some quality sisterly bonding time because Darren needed some quality NFL bonding time. So, we left him at my apartment while we went for lunch and farted around near the lake, taking pictures and making asses of ourselves. A bum on a bike thought she could steal one or both of our cameras just because we look stupid. But ha, we're not! Not all the time anyway.
It was a fun day. I was supposed to spend some quality time with Chad after Red and Darren left, but Chad can go fuck himself. (I'm sure I'll see him before the week is over, so let's not ALL say bad things about him, okay?)
Remember how excited I was to actually be back at my office today after spending an entire week in hell training on the Iron Range? The novelty had worn off by 7:45am, but still, I was delighted that I would have four full days to actually complete my day-to-day duties that I've had to neglect recently due to more important things (says the big guy) coming up. Then I was reminded that I have to spend half a day tomorrow in a sales tax seminar conducted by the IRS. Jumping genitalia, doesn't that just sound like fun! And Thursday? Yeah...they're going to need me to sit in off-site meetings all day on Thursday. Thank goodness I have Friday off, because I'm going to need some recupe time before spending all of next week (ALL. OF. IT.) in meetings and training.
On the bright side, I got my one-year performance review today and it was flawless. That means I get another raise in about a week! So, life doesn't suck completely.
Plus, Will asked if I would paint him blue this weekend, so you know my social life rocks too.
Yeah, it's pretty good to be Angie...except when I'm thinking about Chad, because he can still go fuck himself.
Have a good week, boys and girls!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home