Wednesday, June 14, 2006

I suck at blogging.

Today, my first birthday card of the year arrived in the mail. The card was from my dad and it was so sweet it made me cry. I'm not typically the emotional type, but this card was sweeter and more touching than it had any right to be. I mean, it used the word "proud" at least twice, for God's sake. Nothing brings a tear to my eye like the realization that I've made my father proud.

I set the card down, wiped the tears from my eyes, and picked up the card I bought him for Father's Day. The front of a card bears a picture of a grill with several delicious looking hot dogs and hamburgers cooking atop it. Tossed in among the various meat products are a couple of shiny cooking utensils. The inside of the card simply reads: happy flippin father's day. I feel like an ass, but seriously, who would have guessed the old man would take the sentimental approach this year? It may very well have been a move unprecedented in Morley family history.

Ahh, birthday cards. You know what that means, right? That means that I'm damn near half a century old. Shouldn't I be married and at least have a bun in the oven by now? Does this mean my biological clock is officially ticking? More importantly, who gives a rat's ass?! The most important thing about me turning twenty-five is that my birthday present from Red is almost here...

Tomorrow, after I work half a day, eat at least half a dozen birthday cookies, get my hair cut, and finally renew my driver's license, I will be driving to the Twin Cities. Guess what happens when I get there! Well, first I'm meeting up with Chuck for dinner. That's not the exciting part...but it's weird, huh? After dinner with Chuck, I get to see Red and Darren's new apartment, complete with two (count 'em!) purple walls. Finally (admit it, the anticipation is killing you) after a night of lying on their couch awake because I'm going to be too GD excited to sleep, Red and I will be boarding a 7am flight to Boston, Massatwoshits. And when we come back? I will FINALLY have something worth blogging about. So yeah, stay tuned for that.

PS: Last weekend was actually very blogworthy about but oh the laziness! It prevents me from making it so. I blame Canada. All you really need to know is that it involved booze, Scattergories, and some of my favorite bitches around. That includes Yvonne, whose ass Aurora slapped.

1 Comments:

At 9:03 PM, Blogger Amanda said...

First, Dad's proud of you because you work for the county. I guarantee I'll receive a Far Side card.

Second, you're going to turn 50? I was way off!

Third, I'll see your ass in Boston. I'll see if before then too, but what fun is that?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home