Tuesday, March 14, 2006

MADE. MY. DAY.

I won't lie to you. Today started out a little shaky. I found myself sitting at work this morning in so much pain that was I tempted to remove my own reproductive system and burn it. No Advil fix until lunch time. You know how when you let the cramps get out of control before you actually take a pain reliever, it takes so long to actually start working? Yeah. That.

Tonight is one of those absolutely beautiful Duluth nights that makes me wonder why I ever left. The moon is so bright and it just lights the lake up. The only other time I've seen it look like this was when I first moved back in October. I was heading up to the mall to run some errands, but no matter how hard I tried, I could not stop looking at the lake. So, I put my errands on hold, drove down to Canal Park and sat by the lake in the dark. Gorgeous.

As if the stunning moon effect wasn't enough, I just saw a ship leave the harbor! This is so cheesy, but my terrible mood of the last week and a half just dissipated completely. I danced my apartment, squealing in joy for at least ten minutes. Spring is on its way!

Red and I had a joint epiphany this afternoon when we decided, yes! We must see each other this weekend! We must continue the Swingin Morley Sisters' Hotel Tour tradition! I was excited about it for an hour. Then we both talked ourselves out of it. It seems like kind of a waste of effort and money, when I'll be spending the entire next weekend with her anyway. So, we're holding off for now. Next one's in St. Paul though!

I'm going to see Sleeping Beauty on Friday night and I'm really excited about it. It will be nice to get out, that's for sure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home