Death by boredom
I can't remember the last time I was this bored on a Friday night. It's awfully frustrating. Even more depressing is the fact that I have more of the same to look forward to tomorrow night. I'm so freaking bored I'm actually considering walking to the nearest bar to give Red's "I'll show you my boobs if you give me your shirt" idea a try. Something tells me I'm just not brave enough to try it without her by my side...threatening to ragdoll the hell out of me.
I came home for lunch today, simply because I needed to throw my cold, rain-soaked, won't-air-dry-no-matter-what jeans in the dryer for a quick tumble. A creature of habit, the first thing I did upon walking in the door was check for missed calls. We don't miss (get) a lot of calls, so each and every one is at least a little bit exciting. The missed call today bordered on orgasmic.
St. Louis County, baby. I forgot all about my wet pants.
Apparently, three minutes was all they needed to realize that they love me. That's right. LOVE. They've narrowed the field to two candidates and I managed to weasel my way into one of those two spots. They want me back next week to meet the big guy. Of course I'm very happy, but simultaneously a little annoyed. I drove all the way up there for a three minute interview and now they want to have me back, one short week later. If I drive up there during month end, a move that will surely require me to work (unpaid!) overtime, for another three minute interview and I don't get an offer, the shit is going to hit the fan. Somebody is literally going to lose their cupcakes.
Today marks the one week anniversary of my new single life. Already, Dad has tried to persuade me to try eHarmony.com. I think that's his way of telling me that the attractive, old, white-haired man on the commercials will find me a much better man than I'll ever be able to find myself. Lucky for him, I now have help.
If tonight is any indication of what future Friday nights are going to hold for me, I might as well spend my day tomorrow buying cats.

1 Comments:
Congratulations!
Post a Comment
<< Home