Duloota Minneesoota
My accounting test results from St. Louis County arrived in the mail yesterday. I scored 70% on that bad boy, which was actually much higher than I expected. Coincidentally, 70% is also the lowest possible passing score. Leave it to me to do just enough to get by. It's like macroeconomic analysis all over again, minus the stress and the potential impact on my ability to graduate.
I was a little confused that my rank on the exam was five out of five. I could have sworn there were more than five people who sat through it. Dad clarified for me that it means only five people passed. That sure makes my 70% look a whole lot better! Just think of the fifteen people that failed. Ha! I hope Greg was one of them.
My score and corresponding rank will result in an interview if a position opens within the next year. Dad insists that I will be offered a job because I have the "right" last name. Yes! I am one of the St. Louis County cool kids. I even got to attend bring-your-daughter-to-work day, complete with coffee breaks and a compelling trip to the courthouse, when I was young. Come to think of it, if I do get an interview, I'm using that day as an excuse for not scoring higher on the exam. The back of my head STILL hurts from Red turning around too quickly and nailing me with the obscenely heavy stop/slow sign while Dad busied himself with serious tasks, such patching holes in the road.
A big part of me hopes that there are no openings in the next year. I know, that's stupid, because I'm looking for a job anyway. A job offer in Duluth (though I know better than anyone else that an interview almost never results in an offer, unless you're my sister, that bitch who actually LAUGHED when she hit me with the sign) might be too stressful a choice for me to make. I fear I'd be disowned if I passed it up, and the piece of masking tape with my name on it would subsequently be ripped from the bottom of the shack.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home