Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Later December 19, 2008

Hi Fahj,

Don’t worry. The rock came to Virginia with us to talk benefits. You know how I bitch sometimes when things don’t go my way? Yeah, I did a little of that (really a little, probably less than you would expect) and he started crying and saying that he feels like he’s being pulled in a hundred different directions but, in the end, he decided to come with. In retrospect, I guess we didn’t really need him there but, aside from the disgusting smell of chewing tobacco and the horrible noises that accompany it (oh yes, he does!), it was nice to have him drive us there.

Red and I both got messages from Beth on facebook this afternoon. She made us cry, as usual, but I’m so happy she is taking the time to share memories with us and tell us how proud you were of us, and I hope she continues to do so. Sorry we overshared to the point of embarrassing you sometimes! You know that was never our intent. You were, in some ways, a girlfriend to us too, just like you were to Beth. It was hard to not tell you EVERYTHING that was going on in our lives.

Every day I think for sure the sympathy cards are going to stop coming because it seems we have received one from every man, woman, and child in this town already, and every day I am wrong. It’s amazing how many people have been affected by your death. Today we even got a card from a member of the Lind family, who didn’t know you personally but knew grandma and grandpa (?) and was surely a relative. She is 73 years old and has dedicated a large part of her life to planting trees, as you had, and she felt a strong connection to you when she read your obituary.

Now more than ever it puts a smile on my face to hear people say that I look like you. I know you thought I looked like your mother and when Tom was here he showed the big picture of Grandma and Grandpa to his wife and said, “look at how much Angie looks like my grandmother.” Yay! Based on the pictures I’ve seen, she was a beautiful lady so that’s a compliment in and of itself. In addition to that, I would just much rather be associated with your side of the family than mom’s. I get the biggest kick out of people telling me I look like you. I totally do, you know.

Love,
Angie

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home